Behind the Bribe: The Richard Bistrong Story is a real-world anti-bribery training scenario, as told through the front-line perspectives of Richard Bistrong, former FCPA violator and FBI/UK Cooperator, and Keith Slotter, former Chief of the FBI’s Global Financial Crimes Program. This training video was produced in association with MasterCard, and is the first ever training film of it’s kind, including these real world perspectives and multinational participation. It’s not scenario based training, it’s real-world training!
As shared by Karen Griffin, Executive Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer at MasterCard, “We recognized the need to move beyond the traditional classroom exercise to help our teams understand the potential impact of bribery and compliance events. Richard’s story delivered just that and we’re looking at ways to continue to build on this film to continue to reinforce other learning moments.”
Behind the Bribe: The Richard Bistrong Story is available for purchase through a one month, three month, annual, or life time license. To request a demo of the full length eleven minute video and/or to inquire about the license fee schedule, see below.
- A cautionary tale told by Richard Bistrong, CEO of Front-Line Anti-Bribery LLC, and narrated by Keith Slotter, 25-year veteran of the FBI and former Chief of the FBI’s Global Financial Crimes Program.
- A real-world story of how business corruption landed Richard Bistrong, a high-flying, well-educated, and successful international sales executive, in a federal prison.
- Designed with the input of global compliance leaders, and in association with Mastercard, in order to help those in the field embrace their role as compliance ambassadors, and how to avoid Richard Bistrong’s fate as the target of a criminal investigation, and ultimately, a Federal Inmate.
- Unlike the usual “scenario” training, this video is based on actual events. It has a high-impact, unforgettable, and personal message for those who work on the front-lines of business, and compliance leaders who are tasked with supporting them.
- This eleven minute video is designed to support current compliance programs in order to take what’s often considered an abstract law, and ‘bring it to life’ from the perspective of both a violator and enforcer.
- Listen and learn as Richard Bistrong shares how he “took compliance decisions into his own hands,” while the FBI’s Keith Slotter reflects on his experience investigating FCPA cases.
- Take notice as Richard and Keith caution field personnel to never “go it alone” when struggling with a compliance or ethical decision. In the film’s resonating conclusion, Keith reminds viewers that no matter where they work, “there is no such thing as no risk,” and that compliance can be a valuable partner to success.
The Richard Bistrong Story is a real world anti-bribery and compliance training video, which includes:
- Actual bribery scenarios, which Richard Bistrong, CEO, Front-Line Anti-Bribery LLC and former FCPA violator and FBI/UK cooperator, pleaded guilty to in Federal Court.
- A narration by Keith Slotter, former Chief of the FBI’s Global Financial Crimes Program.
- An unforgettable and personal message designed to engage and inspire commercial teams with how this crucible can be avoided through ethical decision making and teamwork.
- Real-world story telling, not “hypothetical” modeling, from both the violators and enforcers point of view.
- High-impact messages and actionable take-aways for continued discussion among compliance and commercial teams!
Topics featured in The Richard Bistrong Story:
- A true story of front line corruption and enforcement.
- How field personnel can avoid taking compliance decisions into their own hands
- The importance of not “going it alone” when struggling with an ethical decision.
- The need for commercial teams to embrace their role as compliance ambassadors.
- How compliance is a partner to business success.
- Specific third party and other risks relevant to the FCPA and international anti-bribery laws.
Behind the Bribe video training is perfect for ever level in your organization, including:
- International Sales, Marketing and Business Development Teams.
- Compliance Officers and Compliance Teams.
- Internal Audit, Forensic and Investigatory groups.
- Board of Directors and C-Suite personnel.
The Richard Bistrong Story can be integrated into your company’s employee on-boarding process and/or on-line training through the purchase of an annual or life time license. In addition, the Richard Bistrong story can be used for limited live training events through the purchase of a one month or three month license. To request a demo of the full eleven minute video, and/or to request licensing fees, please contact us.
This video can be customized to perfectly match your organization. For questions on customization, please contact us
This real-world on-line training video will bring the reality of international corruption, commerce and compliance to your global commercial work force with power, authenticity and the positive message of how compliance wants to inspire the workforce to be successful, safe and back home. If you’d like to see the full length video demo, or to request a licensing fee schedule, we’d like to hear from you below!