About Richard Bistrong
A sales and marketing Vice President in the Law Enforcement and Defense sector for over fifteen years, most of which was as VP for International sales.
- A fourth generation founding family member of one of the world’s premier brands of bullet resistant armor.
- Educated in Foreign Policy, UVa, Masters of Arts, 1987. Studied at the Institute for European Studies, Vienna, Austria, 1983.
- Pleaded guilty and sentenced to one count of Conspiracy to violate the FCPA, including books and records as well as exporting goods without authorization.
- Worked as a Confidential Human Source (CHS) and Cooperating Witness for the United States Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Served with the City of London Police, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in a covert and cooperating capacity. Received Immunity from Prosecution from the United Kingdom.
- Currently, a recognized consultant, blogger, and speaker in the field of anti-bribery compliance, reflecting on front-line issues which impact international business teams and compliance personnel.
- CEO, Front-Line Anti-Bribery LLC: A Consultancy dedicated to assisting organizations with anti-bribery compliance challenges as they impact front-line business teams.
- Contributing Editor, The FCPA Blog.
- Former Member, OECD, Secretary General High-Level Advisory Group on Integrity and Anti-Corruption.
- Contributor to the 2016 Edition of Trace International “How to Pay a Bribe.” Chapter 4: “The Anatomy of a Bribe.”
- Recognized by JD Supra as a Top Author in the 2016 and 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards, as one of 200 top authors from among more than 34,000 who published their thought leadership on JD Supra in 2015.
- 2015 Ethisphere 100 Most Influential in Business Ethics.
- A Compliance Week 2017 Top Mind in Governance, Risk, Compliance, and Ethics. Link here for the complete Compliance Week Interview.