Behind the Bribe: The Richard Bistrong Story is a real-world anti-bribery training scenario, as told through the front-line perspectives of Richard Bistrong, former FCPA violator and FBI/UK Cooperator, and Keith Slotter, former Chief of the FBI’s Global Financial Crimes Program. This training video was produced in association with MasterCard, and is the first ever training film of it’s kind, including these real world perspectives and multinational participation. It’s not scenario based training, it’s real-world training!
As shared by Karen Griffin, Executive Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer at MasterCard, “We recognized the need to move beyond the traditional classroom exercise to help our teams understand the potential impact of bribery and compliance events. Richard’s story delivered just that and we’re looking at ways to continue to build on this film to continue to reinforce other learning moments.”
Behind the Bribe: The Richard Bistrong Story is available for purchase through a one month, three month, annual, or life time license. To request a demo of the full length eleven minute video and/or to inquire about the license fee schedule, see below.
MasterCard Inc. used a novel tactic for its latest round of anti-bribery compliance training: It released an 11-minute film recreating the story of Richard Bistrong, who is now chief executive of an anti-bribery consulting firm who but who previously went to jail for violating U.S. anti-bribery and U.K. trade laws.
- A cautionary tale told by Richard Bistrong, CEO of Front-Line Anti-Bribery LLC, and narrated by Keith Slotter, 25-year veteran of the FBI and former Chief of the FBI’s Global Financial Crimes Program.
- A real-world story of how business corruption landed Richard Bistrong, a high-flying, well-educated, and successful international sales executive, in a federal prison.
- Designed with the input of global compliance leaders, and in association with Mastercard, in order to help those in the field embrace their role as compliance ambassadors, and how to avoid Richard Bistrong’s fate as the target of a criminal investigation, and ultimately, a Federal Inmate.
- Unlike the usual “scenario” training, this video is based on actual events. It has a high-impact, unforgettable, and personal message for those who work on the front-lines of business, and compliance leaders who are tasked with supporting them.
- This eleven minute video is designed to support current compliance programs in order to take what’s often considered an abstract law, and ‘bring it to life’ from the perspective of both a violator and enforcer.
- Listen and learn as Richard Bistrong shares how he “took compliance decisions into his own hands,” while the FBI’s Keith Slotter reflects on his experience investigating FCPA cases.
- Take notice as Richard and Keith caution field personnel to never “go it alone” when struggling with a compliance or ethical decision. In the film’s resonating conclusion, Keith reminds viewers that no matter where they work, “there is no such thing as no risk,” and that compliance can be a valuable partner to success.
This real-world on-line training video will bring the reality of international corruption, commerce and compliance to your global commercial work force with power, authenticity and the positive message of how compliance wants to inspire the workforce to be successful, safe and back home. If you’d like to see the full length video demo, or to request a licensing fee schedule, we’d like to hear from you below!